Discover The Preserve on Horseback
Explore 3,000 acres of discovery by horseback! Saddle your favorite steed for a backcountry ride through Kentucky forests, fields and creek crossings. The Preserve’s trail system includes 29 miles of trails for horseback riding, with over 22 miles of those trails available for horse-drawn carriages as well!
Daily Equestrian Trail Fee: $10 person
Annual Equestrian Pass: $160 per person (non-transferable)
Equestrian passholder benefits
- Admission to Shaker Village's 30 miles of riding trails for 12 months.
- Unlimited admission to hike and walk the trails at Shaker Village.
- Two complimentary daily passes to enjoy Shaker Village tours and exhibits.
- Two complimentary passes for a cruise on the riverboat (May-October).
- Discount on an Annual Village Pass when purchased in combination with an Annual Equestrian Pass.
- Free admission to Shaker Village's annual Craft Fair and HarvestFest.
- Insider emails and promotions.
Shaker Village is one of the premier riding destinations in Kentucky and your support and riding fees enable us to continuously maintain and improve the trails and your riding experience. Please note that Shaker Village does not provide horses. Trailer parking is available at The Stable. Daily trail fee or equestrian pass required. Guests will be asked to pay daily fees or present their annual pass at the front entrance before entering the Village.
Ride at Shaker Village
The Stable offers 20 stalls, bedding, two single-horse paddocks, one two-horse paddock and trailer parking. Boarding reservations are required—call 859.734.5411.
Nightly Stall Fee: $30 per horse
Nightly Paddock Fee: $10 per horse
The Preserve Trails
Experience 12 distinct trails daily from dawn to dusk in one of the premier riding destinations in Kentucky. The Preserve features 29 miles of horse accessible trails.
View the Shaker Village calendar for equine events, trail closures, and other useful information.
For the health and safety of riders and the horses, please review our equestrian guidelines here!