Our Past, Our Future, Our Responsibility
Updated June 11, 2021
As we move ahead it really can’t be said enough – your health, and the health of our employees, are our top priority. Our commitment to you is that we will do all that we can to look out for one another. We know you probably have some questions as things are changing quickly, so we’ve put together an overview of the new changes you can expect to see at Shaker Village.
We will continue to operate under Center for Disease Control (CDC), Kentucky and local Mercer County guidelines. Recently mask mandates have changed in our state.
What do the new masking guidelines from the CDC and the state of Kentucky mean for overnight guests, diners and visitors of Shaker Village?
- Fully vaccinated guests will not be required to wear masks both indoors and outdoors at Shaker Village. While guests will not be required to show proof of vaccination, we expect everyone to use the honor system when going without a mask and taking the health and wellbeing of other guests into consideration.
- Non-vaccinated guests are asked to wear a mask indoors or when they are unable to socially distance outdoors.
- Guests are considered vaccinated after two weeks has lapsed after receiving their second vaccine shot in a dual vaccine process.
- As mandated by the Governor of Kentucky, restaurant capacity in The Trustees’ Table, meeting spaces and event venues have increased to 100% as of June 11, 2021.
How do these new guidelines apply to employees of Shaker Village?
- Shaker Village staff will continue to carryout enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols for all high-touch areas, hotel rooms, public restrooms and food service areas.
- Fully vaccinated employees are no longer required to mask indoors or outdoors, unless they desire to do so. Employees are considered fully vaccinated after two weeks has lapsed after receiving their second vaccine shot in a dual vaccine process.
- Non-vaccinated employees are required to continue masking in non-private indoor spaces and when unable to maintain a safe social distance outdoors.
We will continue to update our guidelines as new mandates are released. It is our aim to make this transition as easy as possible while maintaining the safety of all of our guests, employees and community. We look forward to seeing smiling faces again!
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com or 859.734.5411.