History Harvest - 200 Years of the Meeting House
September 5, 18 + 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
This October we are celebrating the 200th anniversary of the 1820 Pleasant Hill Meeting House, and we are reaching out to the community to help us document the history of this important building!
For this “History Harvest” we are seeking any photos and documents related to the Meeting House that can be digitally scanned by our Collections team.
In addition to three community collecting days, individual inquiries can be directed to Dr. Jacob Glover.
Collecting Days hosted in the 1820 Meeting House:
- Saturday, September 5 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, September 18 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday, September 19 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
What types of materials are we looking for?
While we are interested in any documents and photos related to the 1820 Pleasant Hill Meeting House, we are particularly interested in those related to:
- Prior to 1961
- The interior of the building
- Images of people using the building
- Images of the building as Shakertown Baptist Church
- Exterior images that include Highway 68
- Images of non-Shaker features that do not exist today
- Information on activities that have occurred in the building
Questions? You can also call Dr. Glover at 859.734.1544